Palooza Transportation/Rental Car/Final Details?

Discussion about future Paloozas, small or large, can be found here!
a330300

15 Jul 2003, 06:29 #1

I remember many of you deciding whether or not to rent a car, depending on how long you'd be here, just wanted to start a post to help coordinate transportation while we're all here. Apparently the Hilton has SJC transportation upon request (flagged down a van while I was there the other day).
I can provide rides Thursday-Monday, please let me know by posting when/where you might need a ride and how many will be riding. Image
Looks like the suggested consensus would be:
Friday - At leisure/Garlic Festival/Late chat/cocktails @ the Hilton for new arrivals
Saturday AM - At leisure/noon-ish walking tour of SF offered by Kenny
Saturday PM - Get-together at Kenny's
Sunday - ??? - Maybe breakfast at Hometown Buffet 2 minutes away or Dim Sum or Brunch somewhere before our earlybirds leave?
Monday - At leisure
The Fremont Festival of the Arts is also running that weekend Saturday and Sunday, so you may want to spend an hour or two perusing the offerings. My best suggestion for transportaion would be to arrange something with the Hilton shuttle to take you to the BART station, which is only a block or two from the festivities.
I'll guess we can use this post for anything that needs to be wrapped up!
Paloozers: Underlined are folks with cars, and people listed immediately under are pickups offered/arranged (please correct me if I'm wrong)
a330300 (Car with room for 3, 4 in a pinch, van for 6 if necessary)
mangy7
Regina
BOAG (Car with room for 3, 4 in a pinch)
BOIFlyer
JaxTom + Nadine
Paige (Did the lamb want to greet the rampaige @ SJC? Image )
Janis (Car with room for 3, 4 in a pinch)
RedTape (Car)
Marlene
Mapsmith + Mapwife (Small people comfortable in the back of a Mustang)
Nightflyers x 2
castelyn + foundryman
Al + Frances + Daughter?
JulieBabe + Hubby
KennySF
honeylamb + John
That's 24 or 25, with more possible. Image
On the fence/maybes/I dunnos/I'll wait for efares-
Diana
Jacob
AirHonkie
Ed
My cell phone # is 510-333-5246 if anyone needs to contact me for a ride or whatever reason. Work Hard. Fly Right
"Welcome to the first ULCC in the Americas. By using this self-service lobby, we're able to save two cents per customer. Thanks!"

15 Jul 2003, 06:55 #2

How odd. I was just thinking of this.
I'm still working on shift trades for that weekend; it appears I may have a deal. Either Fri-Sat or Sat-Sun. Since I'm flying non-rev I can most likely work it out to where I come in at a comparable time of other HTers to make a more efficient shuttle system and not to cost Evan too much gas or time. I can do any Bay Area airport coming and going; QX does have non-stops to SJC.--
The New Boise Airport!
http://groups.msn.com/BoiseAirport

a330300

15 Jul 2003, 08:41 #3

Sounds good. Image
If the need warrants, I can always utilize the older minivan "bus" in the fleet rather than the new "ERJ". Image
Better get that hotel room reserved or buddy up with someone! Image
Otherwise, I can easily provide rides from the BART Station (from which it's easy to get to/from SFO and OAK) to the hotel, as well as SJC trips (13.1 miles/21.1km/21 minutes/ o/w). Just let me know so I can work out scheduling.
Also, there is a car rental desk inhouse, not sure which company it is, and also an Enterprise car rental not too far away, as well as a Hertz Local Edition a bit further, so that may be an option for some who want to go for a daydrive.
Work Hard. Fly Right
"Welcome to the first ULCC in the Americas. By using this self-service lobby, we're able to save two cents per customer. Thanks!"

Globaliser

15 Jul 2003, 09:14 #4

Quote:
a330300: deciding whether or not to rent a car
So that's why honey lamb would still like me to come - for a ride in a convertible in California, with the hood down ... Image
Long-haul flying - how to sleep your way around the world.
Long-haul flying - how to sleep your way around the world.

mangy7

15 Jul 2003, 12:51 #5

I arrive SFO on the 24th at 10:22 a.m. Plan on using the BART to get to Fremont. I have the route maps, etc. from a co-worker who was in SFO 6 weeks ago. Will the Hilton pick me up at the BART stop on Thursday afternoon?
Not planning on renting a car but would like to bum a ride to the Garlic Festival if anyone's got an empty seat. Will be departing Fremont for the city on Sunday, have reservations at the Drake for the next 2 nights.
I like the idea a Dim Sum on Sunday morning, haven't had good assorted dim sum since I was in Xian in '99.
a330300 - do you have a contact number in case I get lost? My e-mail is [email protected] Image
I'll have to remember to get the phone #s of my uncle in Aptos and cousin in San Jose.

honey lamb

15 Jul 2003, 17:39 #6

Quote:
Maybe breakfast at Hometown Buffet 2 minutes away or Dim Sum or Brunch somewhere
Ahem! I foresee mega-problems with you-know-who if we go down the Dim Sum road Image
Quote:
So that's why honey lamb would still like me to come - for a ride in a convertible in California, with the hood down ...
Shucks! You guessed! Image
While we're on the subject of transportation, how long does it take to get from the city to SJC? Oh, and how do you do it? I want to meet Paige there. Image

BOAG

15 Jul 2003, 20:01 #7

I've booked to rent (3000 bonus miles) from Avis. Can cxl if not necessary, but otherwise can help take folks around.
Beatific BOAG
Northwest Airlines, 1926-2009. R.I.P.
Continental Airlines, 1934-2012.  R.I.P.

a330300

15 Jul 2003, 20:06 #8

When is Paige arriving?
From SF you'd take BART to Fremont, where I would take you to meet Paige. Image I also have breakfast coupons for the Hilton if you-know-who wants to eat, drink, and be merry on his own. Image
BOAG- How long will you be here? Friday to Sunday?Work Hard. Fly Right

BOAG

15 Jul 2003, 20:22 #9

Thursday late to Sunday lunchtime. You're the second person to ask today... Image Beatific BOAG
Northwest Airlines, 1926-2009. R.I.P.
Continental Airlines, 1934-2012.  R.I.P.

honey lamb

15 Jul 2003, 20:23 #10

BOAG, how long will you be in San Francisco?