SFOPalooza Hotel Booking Information

Discussion about future Paloozas, small or large, can be found here!
a330300

15 Apr 2003, 00:44 #1

Hey all -
My Hilton contact has gotten back to me regarding the hotel, and it seems like booking is ready.
You should call the hotel direct and refer to the "Liu Family Reunion" rate which right now is $63 per night + tax. However, if we can guarantee a commitment of 10 rooms per night for Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night, my contact is willing to budge a bit more (since they do use Priceline).
Hilton Newark/Fremont
39900 Balentine Drive
Newark, CA 94560
Direct: (510) 413-2303
Fax: (510) 651-5219
Web: www.bayareahilton.com
Here is an excerpt that Nick sent me:
"As far I know, reservations are currently being accepted for members of your group. If you hear anything otherwise, please let me know.

Regarding your group rate, the $63 group rate is currently the lowest rate offered by the hotel per se. The most savings is over the Thursday and Sunday night, which generally should be $129 per night.

Your group agreement ensures that your rate will not go up, regardless if we raise our standard rates, now or within the next few months. The group agreement also guarantees the room type blocked, which is generally a Tower or Poolside room, with guarantees of a king or double room.

In regards to Priceline.com, I as the consumer, would be weary about websites such as these. (I personally was burned with Hotwire.) You have to remember, that you get what you pay for. In essence, a $37 room rate, entitles the guest to a basic room, no frills. Room type is not guaranteed nor is non-smoking/smoking. "Opaque" websites such as these are meant for hotels to sell "distressed" inventory. That room rate too, maybe not be the same a month from now as well.

However, as a possible compromise, if you can at least guarantee me about 10 rooms for each night, Thursday - Sunday, I might be able to lower the rate somewhat."Work Hard. Fly Right
"Welcome to the first ULCC in the Americas. By using this self-service lobby, we're able to save two cents per customer. Thanks!"

JulieBabe

15 Apr 2003, 01:37 #2

Hubby and I are good for those nights. We will check in on Wednesday (July 23rd) and check out on Tuesday (July 29th).
Do you know if they have an 800 number?
JulieB Image

Marlener

15 Apr 2003, 02:52 #3

I will book tomorrow - I arrive July 25 and depart July 28.
Web Page has 1-800-HILTONS for reservations (the message at the Central Reservations is to get in touch with Mr. Dalisay) the number posted by Evan is the DID for Mr. Dalisay who graciously called me back at my office and took my reservation and promised a confirmation by email. So I have a flight, I have a place to rest my head... I need little else 'cept directions to KennySF's place!
Nightflyers - I would love to accompany you to Garberville, I have a personal "thank you" to deliver (I think he may be the Lord Mayor of Garberville).... Sunday is best for me, but I do not want to dictate your schedule.
Calgary - my kind of town!
Calgary - my kind of town!

janis

15 Apr 2003, 04:55 #4

I'll book for at least 2 nights (Fri & Sat) and probably 3 (adding Sunday).
I'm going to spend a few days on the coast so I have to decide if I'm doing that pre or post-palooza. Will know for sure in a couple of days.
That's a great rate Evan - thanks for all the work.

a330300

15 Apr 2003, 06:38 #5

There's an 800 number for Hilton reservations but not to the hotel directly. You'll need to use the number I posted and call the hotel direct.
OT here, but a great long distance choice that I use is www.onesuite.com, 2.9 cents if you use their 800 number, 2.5 cents a minute if you use a local number. All you need to do is dial, you can configure the account to ID your phone number when you call in so that you don't have to dial a pin. No monthly fees either. Good on the road in hotels too. THey do charge for payphone and for that I use www.iconnecthere.com (supposedly they charge a pay phone fee but the past 2 years they haven't), 5 cents a minute with them.
If you decide to sign up at OneSuite, use my referral (a330300) please Image Work Hard. Fly Right
"Welcome to the first ULCC in the Americas. By using this self-service lobby, we're able to save two cents per customer. Thanks!"

gtalum

15 Apr 2003, 13:06 #6

Quote:
In regards to Priceline.com, I as the consumer, would be weary about websites such as these. (I personally was burned with Hotwire.) You have to remember, that you get what you pay for. In essence, a $37 room rate, entitles the guest to a basic room, no frills. Room type is not guaranteed nor is non-smoking/smoking. "Opaque" websites such as these are meant for hotels to sell "distressed" inventory. That room rate too, maybe not be the same a month from now as well.
I would be "weary" of believeing anyone who would propagate falsehoods like this. Image Looks like Hilton guy is trying to improve sales. LOL
"I don't stand by anything!" - Don Trump

a330300

15 Apr 2003, 14:00 #7

I laughed when I read that too, gT.Image

Captain Al USMC Retired

16 Apr 2003, 14:59 #8

Evan: Frances and I are good for 24th through 27th of July. I'll book today, if possible, by either website or direct telephone, probably the later. We are really looking forward to this trip. Image Image Image Image Image Semper Fidelis - Always Faithful

16 Apr 2003, 22:24 #9

Is there a time frame in which we need to book? As I am unsure of when I would be able to confirm this trip. It is summer on a weekend, and they Bay Area is popular in the summer from BOI. I'm flying non-rev, of course.--
Alaska Airlines/Horizon Air
-Alaska Airlines begins service to Orlando May 22nd!
-Alaska Airlines return to Boise June 8th

a330300

16 Apr 2003, 22:38 #10

Not that I know of BOIguy, although I think as early as possible is good. The more people confirm, the better rate we can get, but do whatever meets your needs the bestWork Hard. Fly Right